Monday, January 12, 2009

Big Furry Decision

How do you make big decisions? Do you make pro and con lists? Research it on the Internet? Ask friends? Take a survey of complete strangers that pass in the park? Flip a coin? At this point I think I have tried them all.



I want a dog, but what kind of dog is the question. Most of you may know that I had a very loyal and durable toy poodle for 18 years. We buried him in September and I miss having that canine connection. The past few weeks we have visited animal shelters, websites, and breeders but are still perplexed. Here is what I know we are looking for a female, puppy that will grow to be a medium to large dog. Other than that we have been pretty open. Through some unusual conversations, we ended up at a Great Pyrenees breeders' house. They are wonderful white puffs. http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/greatpyrenees.htm



But I mean they are BIG WHITE PUFFS! They are called gentle giants-pro. They shed a ton-con. They are very calm creature-pro. They are very loyal and great protectors-this can be a pro or con depending upon the website you read. My new way of making a decision... Ask blog readers to weigh in-come on leave me a comment about what you think!



These are my knitting projects right now-they are neither big nor furry. I just finished the darkside cowl-great quick project and I really appreciate when someone has written a pattern that just involves knitting and purling but turn out visually interesting.





I am also in the middle of the February Lady Sweater-many of you may have already made this but if not it is definitely the modern/trendy look that inspired me to start knitting years ago.











What to knit next??...a dog sweater, perhaps!!!!

2 comments:

DeltaPurl said...

Thinks you should have a baby instead of a dog.....

LOL

Mardi said...

Maybe you could take up spinning? Sounds like a Great Pyrenees would be abundantly generating enough fur to keep you in lots of yarn.