Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year

So it is that time again, resolution time. I recently heard you should write down all of your resolutions and then choose one to hyper focus on. Here comes the list, I am going to give them all a valiant effort. Kinda like the throw spaghetti at the wall some of it has to stick. (for some reason, I do not think that is how that saying goes but you get my drift)
Here are my 2010 resolutions.
1. Always carry reusable bags to the grocery store. This is simple. Being married to Mr. In the Loop, a tried and true greenie, this should be an obvious habit. I have have even bought myself cute bags to carry to encourage the environmentally friendly diva in me but it is still a challenge.
2. Learn to say no. This may seem like a little two letter word but for some reason that one syllable often gets stuck in my throat. Mr. In the Loop and I both love to go and do. We have wonderful friends and excellent families. That being said I sometimes feel spread so thin that if my appearance reflected my feelings. I would be a waif thin model. (will definitely blog about this more at a later date)
3. Workout more...duh.
4. Eat better. Seriously, eat healthy. Got it? This is only the 14th year of this resolution.
5. Save more dough. I am not much of a shopper but I can get into a Target Hypnosis where I have no idea what I "neeeded" but it will be $100 or more, I know there are a lot of you out there that have found yourself in this zone. Just cutting a shopping trip like that out and maybe bringing my lunch more than 3 days to work would really give me more money in the bank.
So 5 ideas seem like a manageable number.

The most I can hope for is... if you see me in Target I will be wearing work out clothes, snacking on carrot sticks, and carrying a FEW small purchases in my reusable bag.
Wanna come closer to keeping New Year's resolutions? Put them out there on the worldwide web. Add your resolutions to the comments and I will try to hold you accountable, as I hope you do for me!

No comments: